Galetta's hydroelectric dam was completed in 1907 by Moran and Brennan from Arnprior. The Galetta Electric Company supplied Arnprior with power starting that year. This Galetta generating station was also the source of power for the operation of the Kingdon Mine. 

Electricity became available for the village of Galetta after 1914 when the company was taken over by Ontario Hydro. Ontario Hydro subsequently closed down the Galetta operations after the construction of the Chats Falls dam and generating station was completed in 1931.

After several years of closure, the generating station was re-opened by a private company.  Canadian Hydro purchased the company in 1998. The generators and controls were subsequently upgraded and the plant now provides a 2 MW 'renewable energy source' of electricity. Ottawa Hydro purchased the facility in 2022.